Walk-in tubs are designed to be safer than traditional bathtubs, and one of the reasons for that is the safety features available on them. These features can help to prevent falls and accidents in the bathroom, making it a safer option for everyone, especially for seniors and people with disabilities. Here are some of the different safety features available for walk-in tubs:
- Low Threshold: Walk-in tubs have a low threshold, making it easy to step in and out of the tub. This eliminates the need to climb over a high tub wall, which can be difficult and dangerous for some people.
- Grab Bars: Many walk-in tubs feature grab bars, which provide additional support and stability while getting in and out of the tub. These grab bars are typically located on the walls of the tub, and they can be used to pull oneself up or to hold on to while getting out of the tub.
- Non-Slip Surfaces: Many walk-in tubs feature non-slip surfaces, which can help to prevent slips and falls. These surfaces can be found on the bottom of the tub, as well as on the built-in seat and armrests.
- Handheld Showerheads: Many walk-in tubs feature handheld showerheads, which provide additional flexibility and control while bathing. These showerheads can be used to wash hair, and hard-to-reach areas, making them safer and more comfortable.
- Built-in Seats: Many walk-in tubs feature built-in seats, which provide additional support and stability while getting in and out of the tub. These seats can also help to ease the pressure on joints, making the bathing experience more comfortable.
- Automatic Door Locks: Some walk-in tubs come with automatic door locks, which can prevent the door from opening accidentally, providing an extra layer of safety.
In conclusion, walk-in tubs come with a variety of safety features that can help to prevent falls and accidents in the bathroom. These features include low thresholds, grab bars, non-slip surfaces, handheld showerheads, built-in seats, and automatic door locks. These features are designed to make the bathing experience safer, more comfortable, and accessible for everyone, but especially for seniors and people with disabilities. When shopping for a walk-in tub, be sure to consider the safety features that are most important to you, and make sure the tub you choose has them.
At Safe Step, we design our walk-in tubs and showers with you in mind. For a free consultation to see how we can help you feel better, stay safer, and get back to enjoying life with confidence, give us a call at (888) 746-1715 today.