Arthritis and joint pain can make daily activities, such as bathing, difficult and uncomfortable. But, a walk-in tub can provide relief for individuals with arthritis and joint pain. Here’s how:
- Easy Access: Walk-in tubs have a low threshold, making it easy to step in and out of the tub. This eliminates the need to climb over a high tub wall, which can be difficult and painful for individuals with arthritis and joint pain.
- Built-in Seating: Many walk-in tubs feature built-in seating, which allows individuals to sit comfortably while bathing. This can help ease the pressure on joints, making the bathing experience more comfortable.
- Heated Surfaces: Many walk-in tubs also feature heated surfaces, which can provide warmth and comfort to sore joints. The warmth can also help to relax muscles, which can help to reduce pain and stiffness.
- Hydrotherapy: Many walk-in tubs also feature hydrotherapy options, such as air jets and water jets. These can provide a relaxing massage, which can help to improve circulation and reduce pain and stiffness in the joints.
- Easy to Clean: Walk-in tubs are also easy to clean and maintain, which can be a big plus for individuals with arthritis and joint pain. The non-slip surfaces, grab bars and easy-to-access features make it easy to clean and maintain hygiene.
In conclusion, a walk-in tub can be a great option for individuals with arthritis and joint pain. The easy access, built-in seating, heated surfaces, hydrotherapy options, and easy-to-clean features can make the bathing experience more comfortable and less painful. If you or a loved one is suffering from arthritis and joint pain, consider installing a walk-in tub in your home. It may provide the relief you need for a more comfortable and enjoyable bathing experience.
At Safe Step, we design our walk-in tubs and showers with you in mind. For a free consultation to see how we can help you feel better, stay safer, and get back to enjoying life with confidence, give us a call at (888) 746-1715 today.