Factors to Consider before Choosing a Walk-In Bathtub
Walk-in bathtubs are a wonderful option for seniors and other individuals with mobility problems. These innovative products provide a number of distinct advantages over standard tubs, including:
- A lower threshold. To get into a walk-in tub, you open a hinged door and step over a threshold that is typically 3 to 7 inches high. Standard tubs require you to step over a 15-inch side.
- Safety features. Built-in elements such as grab bars, seats, handheld shower heads, easy-reach towel bars, and nonslip floors make bathing safer, easier, and more enjoyable. Plus, these safety features mean bathers can be more independent and live in their own homes even after mobility challenges become an issue.
- Therapeutic features. Extras such as aromatherapy, chromotherapy, and hydrotherapy systems soothe aches and pains, nourish the skin, and provide relaxation essential for overall well-being.
With a lineup of such amazing features and benefits, it’s no wonder thousands of seniors across the nation choose walk-in tubs to upgrade their bathing experience, improve their health, and maintain their independence.
Choosing the Right Walk-In Tub
As you might imagine, choices for walk-in tubs abound. If you’re excited about upgrading to a walk-in and ready to start shopping, here are 4 important things to consider:
- Size and space. Your bathroom space will determine the size and shape of walk-in tub you can install. The good news is that companies like Safe Step Walk-In Tubs make walk-in tubs that fit the footprint of standard tubs, eliminating the need for major remodeling and keeping installation costs reasonable. Doors also open inward so they won’t bump into anything. Based on your unique space limitations, plumbing and electrical specifications, hot water source, and desired accessories, tub experts can help you find the model that’s right for you. There’s most assuredly a walk-in tub model out there for you.
- Style. In this case, style refers to either a tub or a shower-tub combo. Installing a walk-in tub doesn’t mean you can never again take a quick, convenient shower. Walk-in tubs are available in a bathtub-shower combo as well; sitting or standing, you can take advantage of the many safety features offered by a walk-in tub.
- Features. Safety is the #1 priority. Most walk-in tubs offer a standard lineup of safety features, including anti-slip surfaces, built-in grab bars and towel bars, anti-scald technology, overflow drains, and others. You should certainly make certain any tub your purchase includes these. Beyond safety, however, there’s a whole world of comfort features available for you to consider. First on the list of options are heated seats and fast fill and drain capabilities. Since you have to be in the tub while it fills and remain inside while it drains, these features make these processes as fast as possible and ensure that you stay comfortable. Other features like rain showerheads, aromatherapy, and microjets can create a luxurious spa-like atmosphere and provide real health benefits. The experts at Safe Step Walk-in Tub Company can walk you through all the options and help you decide what’s important to you.
- Quality. First and foremost, buy a tub that’s made in America. Foreign-made tubs may not meet the USA’s rigorous quality standards. All Safe Step tubs are made in the USA at our facility in Tennessee. Our installers are trained and certified in installing our tubs; we trust them and so can you. We also guarantee 100% of our work and are completely committed to your health and safety.
Don’t wait a day longer! Upgrade your bathroom with a new tub from Safe Step Walk-In Tub Company. You’ll love the quality and you’ll treasure the independence. Contact us today to get started.